Hello all. I hope this note finds your family well. As promised, I wanted to give you a monthly update on our thoughts about the coming summer. As the situation continues to unfold and change daily, we still do not have any definite answers about Summer 2020.
I can tell you our year-round team has never had a busier April. We have been interviewing and hiring, planning and preparing, reading and listening. We continue to work alongside the CDC, American Camp Association, Pennsylvania Department of Health, and our friends in the Wayne County Camp Alliance to gather information, update our safety protocols and plan for a safe summer.
Decision Timeline & Suppliers
We hear recommendations will be put forth by the CDC, ACA and our local state agencies as early as this week. We have also heard this information could arrive in late May. The only common theme has been this: everyone wants camp to happen this summer, safely. We feel the same way!
We will continue to be patient, hopeful and flexible. We have spoken with CampTrucking, PackMyRx, and Amerasport and have found they are assuming the same posture. While we are happy to receive your forms now, we can also prepare everything should we receive them by mid-June.
I hope you will join us in being patient, hopeful, and flexible as we move through May. Definite plans for this summer should come into focus over the next four to five weeks. We hope to be able to offer a concrete plan – taking every possibility into account – no later than the first week of June.
Keep the GAC Going
In the meantime, we hope you will join us for some online fun at our Weequahic Families Facebook page, connect with camp friends across the world and continue to help our campers practice the values for which you chose Weequahic: showing gratitude, choosing our attitude, and building our courage.
Of course, please do not hesitate to call if you have questions. I would be happy to speak anytime. Now, more than ever, I cannot wait for camp!
Cole Kelly, Director
[email protected] • 570-798-2716