If you like a good, gooey brownie, this may be for you. While our campers enjoy cooking all types of meals in Top Chef, these brownies have certainly become a camper (and camp director) favorite. Give them a try at your home but be careful – they are addictive!
Triple Threat Brownies
Ingredients for the Chocolate Chip Layer
- 1 cup of butter
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 cups of flower
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 2 tsp of hot water
- ½ tsp of kosher salt
- 2 cups of semisweet chocolate chips
Ingredients for the Marshmellow or Oreo Layer
- 10 marshmellows or 10 oreos
Ingredients for the Brownie layer:
- ½ cup of butter
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp of Vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup of cocoa powder
- ½ cup flour
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp baking powder
Chocolate Chip Cookie Layer:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Cream together the butter, white sugar and brown sugar until smooth. Add the
eggs one by one and stir in the vanilla.
- Dissolve the baking soda in hot water and add to the batter with salt. Finally
add the flour and chocolate chips.
- Spread the batter on an 8”x8” brownie pan or pyrex dish*
Marshmallow or Oreo Layer:
￼￼￼Cut the marshmallows or Oreos in half and push over the cookie batter.
- Cream the butter with the sugar and add the egg.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together and add to the batter.
- Spread on top of the cookie marshmallow.
- Bake all together at 350 F degrees for 40-45 minutes.
*This recipe can also be made in muffin tins. You’ll need to cut down the cooking time, though!